I'm new to CG so I'm wondering, when you do a PT, do you wash it out and then go as normal? I tried doing just coconut oil I got from whole foods, and my hair was a mess, I had to wash it twice but then it was so so. Sorta weighed down.
Originally Posted by Houseofcurls
For my PTs, I dampen my hair with a spray bottle, apply the treatment and cover with one of those clear cheap shower caps, to use the heat from my head instead of a dryer. After half an hour to an hour I jump in the shower and wash my hair as usual. So IMO, you do rinse it out.

How much coconut oil did you use? Some ppl just don't react well to it, I've nerver tried it myself but in general I never use more than 10 - 15 drops of any oil or it wears my hair down.
Originally Posted by triple_spiral
I used a LOT. I rubbed it all through my hair. I used a jar that I usually use for my sons eczema so it was hard until I rubbed it through my hair. So I coated it in it and left it for hours. I have very processed hair (recent highlights and straightening for the last 10 years). Maybe it was too much.
Rae ~ 2c/3a ~
Wife to a 3c Curly Guy
Mom to a straight and a curly.

"The Longer the Hair, the Bigger the Blob."

Porous, very dense but fine hair. Medium everything else.
CoWash: Tressemee naturals
RO: Generic biolage and generic joico k-pak
LI: Tresemee
Miss Jessie's Pillow soft curls, diffuse 50%, add KCCC and diffuse to 80%.
Always wash upside down.