View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
mama2curlies08

Question Dandruff/Dry Scalp

Hi curlies! Although I've browsed these boards for a while, this is my very first post! I am the mommy to two beautiful curly girls, age 2 and 4. They are biracial and I have straight hair, so although I've educated myself A LOT on how to care for their hair, I'm having a major problem w/ dandruff or just dry scalp on my four year old, who has 3c hair . I've noticed it's been worse lately, which defintely could be attributed to the changing weather, however I live in south florida, and outside of the past week, the weather really hasn't change too much (unfortunately lol). I've been using Shea Moisture products in her hair for about a year now. The only thing I've changed recently is I bought a bottle of Africas Best Herbal Oil to try on her hair as a sealant, but it seems pretty harmless. I've also been experiencing w/ diff condish - recently switched from Suave Almond & Shea Butter to Aussie Moist. I'm going to start weeding out products to see if any of them are causing it, but in the meantime, any suggestions on a dandruff shampoo that is SAFE for my curly girls hair? I made a mixture of olive and tea tree oil that I've been putting on her scalp lately, but it doesn't seem to help ANY suggestions would be helpful. I know I just buy a bottle of head and shoulders when I start getting a dry scalp/dandrfuff, but I'm hesitant to use that on her. Thank you in advance!!
mama2curlies08 is offline   Reply With Quote