View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #3185
thelio

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicultcurly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelio View Post
my mom is job hunting. but i feel so bad for her. she is almost 60 and should be thinking about retirement. she has a job that pays min wage, but promised they would go up by 2 bucks at the beginning of this year. the year is almost over and no raise. she has no skills. she jays she can try for a bookkeeping job but fails to realize she needs to be able to turn on a computer. she says she can open her own business, but has no capital. she says she can get a loan but has no credit nor a business plan to present. i feel so bad that she will probably be stuck at this dead end job until she dies.
She may qualify for a gov't program if she receives assistance. She could also see if her local library offers basic computer literacy classes for seniors.
You would think my mom would quallify for some type of assistance, but she doesnt. not yet anyway. i try to tell her about certain programs which she says she doesnt have time for. or cant get there. i want my mom to be happy at a job, but honestly she really has this BIG dreams that just will not come true. i dont want to keep telling her, " yeah ma, you can do it." when i know it wont happen.

a couple years ago she told me she was opening a clothing store. i asked her the simple question, "where will you get your cloths?" she flew off the handle, telling me i didnt believe. so now i just play along and hope for the best.

oh and by the way, my mom has bipolar and she sometimes goes off her meds.
thelio is offline   Reply With Quote