I'm really into dying funky colours. I never dye my full head, but I'm considering adding another dyed section. My hair is 3a, blonde, thin, and medium p- I forget the word... Porous? It starts with p! To dye, I always bleach the part I'll dye first. How much do you think this would damage my hair? I really want to dye it, but the last thing I want is to be balding by the time I'm 30 or something X_X can I do this without destroying it?
Originally Posted by Threehours
I'd say to wait until folks who've done funky colors chime in, but I'd say it's not worth the damage. I'd recommend you get to a place where you're happy with your curls first, since your hair will be more challenging once it's damaged.

A temporary way to do crazy colors is to use cream eyeshadow! I haven't tried it, but I love the idea: Ask CurlyNIkki: How Can I Highlight My Hair Without Damaging My Curls? | Essence.com
|| 3b; normal porosity; fine/normal texture || CG since Feb 2010 || SD/dandruff prone

Current Routine BAQ henna 1/month Leave-in OH Hair Dew Cheapie Conditioner Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing
Old Stand-bys extra-virgin coconut oil Protein AO GPB; Moisture AO HR Style AOMMJ Kept for troubleshooting.
Waiting to try extra-wide curlformers SD treatment H&S Clinical Strength