Kathymack, I value your advice, so I am going to go off-topic here and ask if you seal your hair, and if so, how?

I also wanted to tell you that I have been thinking about all your suggestions in regard to hold, so as well as doing a yogurt honey protein treatment that Spiral suggested, I will also look into a good trim (my hair is past BSL, nearly to waist when stretched) because even if my hair hates layers, it can still use a trim. I am going to get my hair properly analysed too, as you suggested thanks for all your help!
Originally Posted by Knotty_Maddy
I don't do a traditional seal because my hair doesn't like straight oil/butter. I do use a minute amount of really rich product as one of my layers, which I think does the same thing as sealing. It frequently takes my hair a few hours longer to absorb product after it's dry. Don't think that's a bad thing. My hair gets better throughout the day.

With so much hair, you may have a really difficult time maintaining your curl. It's a lot of weight and that pulls out the curl. You may have to consider a trade off--hair that's shorter and maintains it's curl, or the length.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams