View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #7
Knotty_Maddy

I think Kathymack gave you great advice...

But also, you could try maybe using some KY jelly? I have more 3A than 2C, my hair is *very* S shaped with corkscrew ends, but this works for my hair. I do know that using glycerin products is not for everyone, it can dry out your hair. But if your hair isn't affected by glycerin, it will work a treat you just apply it after your leave-in, and before your gel. I use about a dollar-coin size amount mixed with a bit of water, times 3 - one for one side, one for crown, then one for other side. Maybe a bit more for my roots and my nape. It will help curls form. It is considered a dupe for CHS Curl Keeper.

Also, Sally's beauty supply store sells an item that might help you - it is a kind of curling comb, it is a straight handle and on the top of the handle is a cylinder of tines or prongs that are all at a different height. You can twirl your hair with it and then give it a little shot of heat to help form spirals. It won't get stuck in your hair, it slides right out. I use mine to lift my roots (almost like using a round brush) so I can get a bit of volume...

Lastly, you can try any one of the many techniques here...if you look in the General Hair discussions, at the top of the forum and before the posts, there is a thread called "techniques". I use the SuperSoaker one and it gives me lovely clumps and swirls There are so many there, I am sure one will work for you. Good luck!
Currently a fan of TiGi products, (rock on, TiGi Curlesque styling creme!) but that will soon change - I am a self-avowed product junkie! Yay!
BIG fan of supersoaker method - thanks Rudeechick!
Knotty_Maddy is offline   Reply With Quote