I think gelatin is easy! And my hair LOOOVES it. In fact, I use other protein treatments, but gelatin is always better.

AIgirl is a member on here who put up her recipe. I'd been using gelatin long before I came here - my friend who use to do syncronized swimming turned me onto it. It's what they use to slick back their hair!

My hair adores protein, so you may have to adjust the amounts for your own needs. I use 2 packets of unflavored Knox gelatin, mixed with about 1/8-1/4 cup water. Mix the two and then microwave it and stir. Then I add some coconut oil, Epsom salt, and acv. Sometimes I'll throw in some AVG and some CNPF (liquid protein available from Sally's or Amazon.)

I usually do a clarifying wash first, then I detangle with some condish. I squeeze out the excess condish, and then add the protein mixture. (by this time it's cooled enough). Then I wrap my hair in a bag, and I'll either put my head under the shower for a few minutes, or if I have time I'll get out and put the heating pad on my head.

Then I rinse, and follow up with at least a quick DT - a good condish (GVPCB) mixed with a little EVOO, ECOO, honey, and acv.

I try to co-wash the next day or day after just to be sure the moisture stays up, but that's not always necessary.

Hope that's enough info! Lol!
2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
Seal - MO or Jojoba
DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing

Last edited by Jas76; 11-09-2012 at 04:46 PM.