So, I came across this article about Soledad O'Brien: Soledad O'Brien - YouBeauty.com

Yes, she's intelligent, successful, even compassionate. But then I get to page two where she says “We don’t want the hair to be the thing the audience concentrates on." Of course not. We've got important news to cover! But her stylist does say that she uses keratin straightening to "coax the journalist’s hair into behaving more compliantly".

I have no problem with women straightening their hair however they want to do it, but does that mean that my hair is misbehaving?

I'm really not surprised by this sort of hair attitude. But it kind of makes me feel that I would never be successful in TV journalism (or whatever other profession; take your pick...) because I allow my hair to misbehave like an uncontrolled, unruly child.

I'm a middle-aged woman. I shouldn't care! Right? Or... am I being overly sensitive?

"Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
- Charlie Brown
HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna