Lol!! Ymmv --> your mileage may vary.

I need to clarify that I am not 100% WO. I do use a no-poo cleanser about once a week (have been able to stretch that longer the last couple of times) and WO in between. My hair looks better on days I WO wash than days I use the cleanser.

So you can definitely do WO in between cleansers. Some people do WO with nothing else with success, too. My biggest problem with being purely WO is that the cleansing comes from the friction of really using your fingertips and I don't care to expend the time or energy. Therefore, eventually I experience build-up. When I use a cleanser though I still use very, very little.

As far as cones...since they are usually not water soluble, they would build up but if you were using a shampoo regularly that removes them, then that probably wouldn't be a problem.

Good luck!!
Originally Posted by Ml001
Lol! LOVE the YMMV! Tx Man, I am sooooo trying this - I think I could get away with WO in between reg washes, as I only wash 4 times a week anyways. This means I could cut out two washes. And since I clarify at least once every 6 washes, it can't hurt to try! I am excited about this! will respond with results! Thanks so much for your sharing of info, MI!

ETA: If you don't mind me asking, how do you detangle...?
Finer, mixed with coarser strands, low-porosity, wavy curly whirly hair...3A, 2C hair. Medium thickness, medium elasticity.
S-shaped hair with corkscrew ends. My hair is even more confused than me ;p
My hair officially hates protein Once a month is enough!
Currently a fan of TiGi products, (rock on, TiGi Curlesque styling creme!) but that will soon change - I am a self-avowed product junkie! Yay!
BIG fan of supersoaker method - thanks Rudeechick!

Last edited by Knotty_Maddy; 11-09-2012 at 06:13 PM.