You don't "remove" proteins from your hair. You "counteract" them. The way to do that is to add moisture. That's why a DT was suggested. You need to keep adding extra moisture until your hair is back to normal.

I did a search, but no product came up with exactly that name--there were several garnier fructis hair masks. The one ingredient list that I saw contained mineral oil. When I used a product with mineral oil, by mistake, my hair was frizzy and greasy at the same time. It made it so that my hair didn't absorb products. I had to do a few sulfate shampoos to remove it.

Depending on the ingredients of your product, it may not be the protein that is causing the frizz, especially since you stated that your hair is damaged.

When asking for help, it's good to give people information about your hair. Hair properties are really important to know. Here's a link to help you with yours Live Curly Live Free - Curly Hair Basics It explains why you choose certain ingredients/products for your hair.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams