Supersoaker method, with Denman, plus I gently resoak again (lightly) after applying my hair hold products...and Aussie instant Freeze gel plus double plopping (once for 5 mins when it is still sopping wet, then scrunch with a second t-shirt, then last plop, for ten mins. Air-dry and voila, massive clumps! I reseal my clump ends with more gel after SOTC so they don't break apart.

I have also found that certain things help my hair to clump better, like KY jelly (if you aren't off glycerin for the winter), loads of moisturizing, DT's with coconut oil, and Epsom Salt (I use some in my RO.) However, smaller clumps (I get those too) do happen. Sometimes, if they are particularly bad, I "whip" my curls (spin them in a curl shape quickly around a finger) with added gel - then when I scrunch, I get pretty ringlet clumps (I have predominantly S shaped clumps.) If you use that last method, you can put two clumps together and twist them into one.

Hth! You have lovely hair!
Finer, mixed with coarser strands, low-porosity, wavy curly whirly hair...3A, 2C hair. Medium thickness, medium elasticity.
S-shaped hair with corkscrew ends. My hair is even more confused than me ;p
My hair officially hates protein Once a month is enough!
Currently a fan of TiGi products, (rock on, TiGi Curlesque styling creme!) but that will soon change - I am a self-avowed product junkie! Yay!
BIG fan of supersoaker method - thanks Rudeechick!

Last edited by Knotty_Maddy; 11-12-2012 at 06:29 PM.