View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #42
Knotty_Maddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilaGirl View Post
Hmm... super busy here - will try to post that pick soon and highlights of my convo with MaryPat from livefree/curly -

But today I got very uncreative and used Rehab as a LI

I think I'm getting Oc'd - between the smoothing yesterday and the Rehab today as LIs, my hair is starting to get a little "mushy" -

I'm really still afraid to use protein but maybe I should either back off moisture or add protein?
I used a protein treatment recommended by Triple_spiral, and used Jas's technique for PT/DT. it worked quite well - (and my hair hates protein on a daily basis...) I used Greek yogourt (about 3 tbs) mixed with honey and mayonnaise, as well as EVOO and coconut oil. I clarified my hair with baking soda followed by an ACV rinse, then put the PT in my hair. I wrapped my hair in a soft cotton dishcloth and then topped that with shower cap. Left in 15 mins, then rinsed it out and followed it up with a coconut oil DT. Then 'poo'ed and condished as usual. Worked a treat - seems my hair personally doesn't mind protein, especially of the milk and egg kind, as long as it is mixed with a hefty dose of oil too it perked my curls up and left my hair soft. Even if your hair is iffy with protein, you do occasionally need some, as I have discovered!

Do you know exactly which proteins your hair reacts to?
Currently a fan of TiGi products, (rock on, TiGi Curlesque styling creme!) but that will soon change - I am a self-avowed product junkie! Yay!
BIG fan of supersoaker method - thanks Rudeechick!
Knotty_Maddy is offline   Reply With Quote