Have you tried a Denman brush instead of the wide-tooth comb? Once I did the Supersoaker with the Denman, I threw away my comb, lol! It made that much difference. I bought a Denman look-alike at the pharmacy, it is infused with palm and coco oils (don't ask me how that works! lol!) it cost me $16 and I will never, ever part with it - it was love at first swirling clump!

(I also use it to detangle with while conditioning...then leave it be, in the clumps from that, till RO time...)

ETA I just noticed you use cool water to supersoak with, on Rudeechick's video on the subject, she said warm water works better...

Re-ETA: I go directly into a wet plop after the SS method, leave it on for 5 mins, then I use a second t-shirt to scrunch my curls and get the water out...then plop again in a third t-shirt for about ten minutes...this also seemed to help me...also for styling and holding the curl, I use a curl creme, then sort of "seal" with a last layer of gel. I just tried Aussie Instant Freeze gel today for the first time, loved it! great hold and great curl formation. And after I SOTC, I use gel as a "serum" to seal down fly-aways and frizzies, and to seal my ends with. Hth!
Finer, mixed with coarser strands, low-porosity, wavy curly whirly hair...3A, 2C hair. Medium thickness, medium elasticity.
S-shaped hair with corkscrew ends. My hair is even more confused than me ;p
My hair officially hates protein Once a month is enough!
Currently a fan of TiGi products, (rock on, TiGi Curlesque styling creme!) but that will soon change - I am a self-avowed product junkie! Yay!
BIG fan of supersoaker method - thanks Rudeechick!

Last edited by Knotty_Maddy; 11-12-2012 at 09:34 PM.