I recently went to a model-call at a salon.....I went for a free assessment on my hair, and then they would pick certain people to come back for a free haircut to train their students. I have 4a hair so I kind of expecting to reject my hair as being too specialized....but they asked me to come back after all! Apparently there is an advanced "curly" class. I would be part of a two hour class, and students are supervised by experienced stylists (not one on one though, sounds like they walk around?)

Now I don't know whether or not to do it! The salon is Bumble and Bumble in NYC.....it has a really good reputation and is $$$$, so it is very tempting, but I do feel nervous about letting a student with little experience touch my very, very, very curly hair. The only cuts I've gotten since going natural have been devacuts, and this would be a wet cut as well. That gives me pause but I know that plenty of people here get wet cuts with good results.

SO!

Should I get this free hair cut - would you?

Does anyone have any experience with Bumble and Bumble? Do they know what they're doing with curly hair??

4a?? Maybe 3c...some 4b??? No clue

tiny s-waves, coils, and spirals

- Cleanser: CJ Daily Fix or KC Come Clean
- Co-wash: Suave Naturals or V05
- RO: GVP Conditioning Balm or Tresemme Naturals
-Stylers: Garnier Pure Clean Gel, CJ Aloe Fix, KCCC

"I remember your childhood hair....flowin' wild at the county fair" - kelley stoltz

"and all the hours that you've been sitting at your vanity....may they carry you far from your misery" - conor oberst