All right, so this is where my hair (OR SOMETHING) starts getting insane - you can see from this thread, I had some really great hair days - then after the smoothing lotion things went down hill - tried the Rehab as a LI and got bad - thought I was OC'd

This is THE FIRST TIME i've used ANY protein in months (Scary) and I tried Nature's Gate Jojoba conditioner that has hydrolized soy and hydrolized vegetable protein but not wheat directly - felt good on my hair - slip, etc. as a condish, and then left it in with AOMM (since I'm doing everything else the same just changing out my LI, and now I have that BRITTLE DRY TANGLE

So is it the TYPE of protein or ... I can't have any protein? this is where I start to get really confused.

Sorry for all the caps, but I'm FRUSTRATED! - too!
Originally Posted by LilaGirl
I am not a scientist and all I can do is tell you what worked for me, sadly - and I am hoping the *really* experienced curlies will come in here and help you But I remember reading here that those who had problems with protein seemed to react the worst to soy, wheat, oat, with the second round of offenders being aloe, silk protein, jojoba, avocado...and sometimes coconut ;p I am afraid you may have to just keep experimenting...or, follow up on your protein treatments *immediately* with a deep moisture conditioner. That seemed to work well for me after using the yogourt, and I have seen many here advise to ALWAYS follow the protein treatment, whichever one you use, with moisturizing products...maybe you can try reconditioning your hair with a moisture only product? Hth....
Finer, mixed with coarser strands, low-porosity, wavy curly whirly hair...3A, 2C hair. Medium thickness, medium elasticity.
S-shaped hair with corkscrew ends. My hair is even more confused than me ;p
My hair officially hates protein Once a month is enough!
Currently a fan of TiGi products, (rock on, TiGi Curlesque styling creme!) but that will soon change - I am a self-avowed product junkie! Yay!
BIG fan of supersoaker method - thanks Rudeechick!