View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
Corrina777

Livecurlylivefree.com has the best explanation of co-washing I've seen anywhere, in terms of the technique and such.

I also tend to get oily grimy roots, and while CG didn't eliminate it, it did seem to make it better (part of this is that I do intense martail arts 3-5 days a week for 2-3 hours a day). The important thing to remember is that there are countless ways to tailor CG to work for you (and that doesn't even count the realm of "modified CG").

I would recommend using a very light conditioner to co-wash and a richer conditioner to use as a traditional rinse-out conditioner. My personal favorite for co-washing is VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea.

If co-washing doesn't work for you (and it doesn't work for everyone), you also have the option of a cleansing conditioner (like Deva No-Poo or Curl Junkie Daily Fix) or a low-poo (sulfate-free shampoo- tons of options). Many people, especially with finer textured hair, will switch between these three options as needed.

3a/f/iii
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CLEANSE: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
RO: DevaCare One Condition, SS Caitlin's Conditioner, Mop Top Daily Conditioner
LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse, Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
Corrina777 is online now   Reply With Quote