View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:10 AM   #8
Ml001

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjsch View Post
My 14 year old has oily scalp and curly hair. I had her on some high powered shampoo to try to fix the oily. Last week my girls and I started CG/mod-CG. Due to her oily scalp I had her use a L'Oreal sulfate-free shampoo instead of co-washing, and then Tresemme Naturals conditioner. I noticed a difference immediately for her. She has gone 3 days between washings and still her roots are not greasy. She is having the best results of the three of us. She pretty much just runs her fingers through her hair in the morning and she is good. I am most happy about the lack of oiliness and hope that helps her forehead clear up soon too.
This was my experience as well. Happy to hear it is working for her. You may find she will be able to WO wash a couple of times stretching those low-poo washings out a little more. It will depend a little on your water (hard, soft, etc) and how thorough she is - it takes a little more manual effort with WO - but it can work surprisingly well. A year and a half ago I never would have believed my hair oily hair would wash up well with just water. At any rate - I'm glad it's working and I bet it will make a difference with her forehead skin, too.
My routine:
Cleansing: DCNP, every 4-5 days (occasionally use CJ cleansers).
RO: CJSC, occasionally use JCDC
LI: KCKT or CJSL
Gel: KCCC, CJCIAB for 2nd day hair (sometimes third)

Heat is my friend: warm water rinses, steam caps, and diffuse dry. I love CLU cloths and my Denman.
Ml001 is offline   Reply With Quote