Thanks, Corrina.

I will look into those.

Last night, I left coconut oil on my ends and then this morning I did the usual co-wash, biolage Condish and RO, and then I did a DT with Rehab and used As I am as a LI, since that was my favorite with AOMM -

I will see what I get today. My hair is feeling better so far, but I'm realizing that I think I can handle PT just not protein in my LI or condish (in condish, it doesn't give me good slip) and in LI (unless there's a certain type I'm okay with - it gets brittle, dry and tangled.

I wonder if when my hair seems to be getting OC'd I try a PT and RO and maybe that would help?

In the past, I've been totally okay with color and that depositing protein - so IDK - in fact, that always seemed to make my hair lovely-
Originally Posted by LilaGirl
Corrina is giving you really good advice

The thing about using the yogourt for protein is it might not bother your hair as much as the soy, wheat, etc proteins. But everyone is different! I think Corrina was right, just lay off the protein for a while, and condition as much as possible...Maybe give the protein treatment a miss then, and just do a deep treatment...?

what I would do, is after a few weeks, start with one protein at a time, experimenting to see which one it is that makes your hair unhappy...

If you need a gel with no protein, maybe try Aussie Instant Freeze? It's cheap and you can find it on the ground, and it holds incredibly well! Makes a great gel cast too!

BTW, I believe hair changes and does not always require the same thing...I used to colour my hair ages and ages ago and my hair liked it, but I tried colouring it two months ago after all this time, and it wrecked me hair! ;p so what was ok at one time is no longer ok...
Finer, mixed with coarser strands, low-porosity, wavy curly whirly hair...3A, 2C hair. Medium thickness, medium elasticity.
S-shaped hair with corkscrew ends. My hair is even more confused than me ;p
My hair officially hates protein Once a month is enough!
Currently a fan of TiGi products, (rock on, TiGi Curlesque styling creme!) but that will soon change - I am a self-avowed product junkie! Yay!
BIG fan of supersoaker method - thanks Rudeechick!

Last edited by Knotty_Maddy; 11-14-2012 at 09:14 AM.