First of all, this is my first post on here, so I apologise if I do anything wrong...

Now to the point of this post. I've recently been experiencing hair loss, and it's now at the point where it looks a little ridiculous... It's always been thin, but it's just getting thinner and thinner (I'm hoping it's related to stress which is getting better so it won't get much worse lol I will be going to the doctor to check at some point when I have time to make sure it isn't anything more serious) This is what it used to look like:

And now it's like this:

sigh

I know the lighting is different etc etc but they're the best pictures I have at the moment.
So... anyone got any suggestions on making it look better? I've had suggestions on getting it cut short, but I'm afraid that this would just make it look thinner... Also I've always hated having short hair so I doubt I would actually like having it any shorter (it used to be quite short when I was younger as my hair really didn't want to grow, but back then I didn't know how to look after it properly so it was just a constant frizzy mess). But I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make it look better!