I have been in love twice. The first time I had known the guy for many years, but not incredibly well. We went to different schools and met at the local pool, in kindergarten, when I had a Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction. He gave me nothing but hell, for years, after that. Splashed me relentlessly every summer, pulled my hair, you know... the normal boy stuff. I loathed him. That is until we were in high school. I started talking to him one night at a party. We were 16 and he was beyond drunk, but funny and easy to talk to. I helped a mutual friend get him to a car so he could lie down in the back seat. As we were walking away he asked me to come back. I walked up and he said, "I probably shouldn't tell you this but I have been in head over heels in love with you since we were four years old" and then he passed out. I knew when he said it that he meant every word, and that I had feeling for him too. I couldn't stop thinking about him. Those feelings quickly turned to a deep love. We were together 7 years.

The second time was kind of the same, but felt different in ways. I knew him for many years, had a 'feeling we might hit it off' and it turned out he felt the same thing. It happened fast and hard and to keep the thread up beat & sweet, I will leave it at that.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??