I've only been 'in love' once but I've loved others.

Falling in love was pretty amazing. He was my partner, my support and my best friend. I have never met anyone else in my life I have connected with so easily, whom I could be 100% myself around, and whom I could also have the best time with just being total ridiculous goofballs.

He made me feel sexy, beautiful and like I was the most important person in the world. I honestly felt like I could get through anything with him. He saw me at my worst and even though I drove him crazy at times (and vice versa) he accepted all parts of me. The good with the bad. He saw me disgusting and sick and took care of me and still told me I was the most beautiful person in the world because of who I was.

As I've grown I've realized that sometimes that's not enough. For me it was important to have the freedom to explore myself more. He wasn't willing to come along with me, and I wasn't willing to give it up for him.

I've also met others whom I was compatible value wise, and have loved. But, that same transcendental 'spark' (not talking about sexual chemistry) wasn't there.