{{{thanks everyone}}}

Called child support services today and learned that the process has been started. Before, I hadn't heard anything at all.

Going to re-visit Dept of Soc Svcs and try again for assistance. Unfortunately, in order to go there I'll have to miss time from work which I don't get paid for, because I am a temp with no benefits.

Had an interview with another temp agency yesterday, although they didn't have anything available.

Applied for a permanent position at my present assignment and (gasp) got a call back......went through a phone screening, but others here have told me that the hiring process for this company is very, very, VERY long. So I'm not holding my breath for this one because I'm forced to take the very next opportunity that pops up.

I'd LIKE to wait, because this is one of the best companies in the city to work for, but I can't.

Trying to remember how much worse a lot of people have it than me, and trying to stay proactive. Good-luck vibes, positive thoughts and prayers for all those who are struggling.
Originally Posted by sinistral55
I have no words of wisdom, but I am so sorry that you are struggling like this. I hope that you are able to talk to your landlord about what is going on and get some relief from the late fees. Perhaps you could work out a deal where you pay your rent biweekly to coincide with your pay? (If you do indeed get paid biweekly.) That way, instead of paying one big bill every month, you could take care of it in bite-sized pieces. Your landlord might be willing to do it you set it up as an auto-draft. Just a thought.

I'm thinking of you and hoping that you find permanent work soon.
3B corkscrews with scatterings of 3A & 3C.