I have started using the Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Shampoo and Milk. It has helped my hair so much in this dry winter weather! I never thought something so full of oil would work on my hair! I am still trying to figure out exactly how to best use it. I would love advice or to hear about how you use the products.

When I used more traditional products I used a pencil eraser or dime sized amount of shampoo on just my scalp and coat all my hair in rinse out conditioner. I leave the rinse out in while I do the rest of my showering.

I have been doing the same thing with the Shea Moisture products. I used the Milk as a rinse out. Today I bought full sized bottles (I had started out with the kit.) I realized the shampoo bottle is larger than the milk. This has me thinking maybe I should use more shampoo.

The shampoo is so moisturizing I'm wondering if it is more of a conditioning shampoo that won't cause problems if I use it in all of my hair. If I did that I am thinking maybe because it is so moisturizing I could truly use the milk as a leave in and not have to use it in the shower to help detangle. My hair seems like it could still use a bit more moisture in this weather which using it as a leave in would also help.

I guess my big question is should I use the coconut hibiscus shampoo as more of a conditioning shampoo to be used in all of the hair. Any thoughts or personal experiences? Thanks!
2C, low porosity, high density, coarse, shoulder length No sulfates, no parabens, no silicones
Shampoo- Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus, Giovanni Smooth As Silk, Deva No Poo, Nature's Gate Aloe Vera, Yes To Carrots
Conditioner- Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk, Giovanni Smooth As Silk, Deva One Condition, Nature's Gate Aloe Vera, Yes To Carrots
Styler- Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Shea Moisture Shine & Hold Mist, Yes to Carrots Leave In and Yes To Carrots Anti-Frizz Serum