View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
pianogirl

Default How To Use Coconut Hibiscus Products???

I have started using the Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Shampoo and Milk. It has helped my hair so much in this dry winter weather! I never thought something so full of oil would work on my hair! I am still trying to figure out exactly how to best use it. I would love advice or to hear about how you use the products.

When I used more traditional products I used a pencil eraser or dime sized amount of shampoo on just my scalp and coat all my hair in rinse out conditioner. I leave the rinse out in while I do the rest of my showering.

I have been doing the same thing with the Shea Moisture products. I used the Milk as a rinse out. Today I bought full sized bottles (I had started out with the kit.) I realized the shampoo bottle is larger than the milk. This has me thinking maybe I should use more shampoo.

The shampoo is so moisturizing I'm wondering if it is more of a conditioning shampoo that won't cause problems if I use it in all of my hair. If I did that I am thinking maybe because it is so moisturizing I could truly use the milk as a leave in and not have to use it in the shower to help detangle. My hair seems like it could still use a bit more moisture in this weather which using it as a leave in would also help.

I guess my big question is should I use the coconut hibiscus shampoo as more of a conditioning shampoo to be used in all of the hair. Any thoughts or personal experiences? Thanks!
Styler- Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Shea Moisture Shine & Hold Mist, Yes to Carrots Leave In and Yes To Carrots Anti-Frizz Serum
pianogirl is offline   Reply With Quote