I think most curly people's hair responds best to medium dew points, regardless of products used...

I use KY jelly, which is a dupe for Curl Keeper, and if I use it at very low dew points, my hair wilts and droops, and the curls are very loose. Also it makes my hair dry if used too many days in a row. I live in an extreme low dew point place, think Canadian upper North ;p You can't get more extreme than that! I know that some people's hair does not get finicky about glycerin; really, it is a try-it-and-see thing...you might try some cheap Equate (Walmart brand) KY jelly (is apparently as good as KY) in your hair before deciding to buy Curl Keeper. I have heard CK is better than KY, but they are both based on similar ingredients and they are both high in glycerin content.

As with all things here, as MI001 says in her tag line, "Your Mileage May Vary". You need to try to know.

Meanwhile, you could always watch Waterlily716's youtube video on the dif between CK and KY, and also the one about dew points
Finer, mixed with coarser strands, low-porosity, wavy curly whirly hair...3A, 2C hair. Medium thickness, medium elasticity.
S-shaped hair with corkscrew ends. My hair is even more confused than me ;p
My hair officially hates protein Once a month is enough!
Currently a fan of TiGi products, (rock on, TiGi Curlesque styling creme!) but that will soon change - I am a self-avowed product junkie! Yay!
BIG fan of supersoaker method - thanks Rudeechick!