I hated Suave as a co-wash. I found that VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea works much better for me. Make sure you're spending enough time massaging your scalp and continue to massage as you rinse the co-wash. You can also always rotate in a low-poo (sulfate-free shampoo) as needed. There are lots of people who cannot co-wash exclusively, especially those with finer hair and/or weaker curl patterns. Another possibility is a cleansing conditioner - L'Oreal released one almost a year ago, and Sally's carries As I Am Coconut Co-Wash- both great and cheap options.

As far as properties, everyone has a mix of different types of hair on their head- you want to look for which properties are more common in your hair. My hair is mostly fine in texture (and responds well when I treat it like fine hair), but I definitely have some medium and coarse hairs mixed in.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

3a/f/iii
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel