View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 10:08 PM   #63
Corrina777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotty_Maddy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilaGirl View Post
Okay, going to read through these - can someone help me decipher these ingredients: - something in here could be messing with my hair? Roughing up the cuticle maybe?

Water, Laureth 23, Polyquaternium 4, Coral Flower (Russelia Equisetiformis) Extract, Prunus Persica Nectarina Fruit Extract, Fragrance, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Benzyl Alcohol, Acrylates/Beheneth 25 Methacrylate Copolymer, Aminomethyl Propanol, DMDM Hydantoin, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium EDTA

Many people cannot handle polyquats. And some people's hair is sensitive to herbs/florals. However, I think you're best to wait and see what Corrina has to say

Hmm, Maddy is right that some people do have issues with certain polyquats (polyquats 4 and 10 tend to be the most problematic). I've read that they feel something like a buildup type of feeling to their hair. I also noticed propylene glycol, which is another humectant like glycerin (it's farther down in the ingredient list, so I would be less likely to think this is the problem ingredient for you, but I can't say absolutely). It's sometimes difficult for me to identify problem ingredients (aside from the really obvious) because I've never had to sleuth them out for my own hair. You might want to spend some time searching the Curl Chemist articles- that's where I've found the majority of my info, and she might go into more detail and offer some additional insight.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

3a/f/iii Before the chop- Donated to Locks of Love, January 2013
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CO-WASH: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo
CLARIFY: CHS Treatment Shampoo (used prior to PT/DT)
RO: DevaCare One Condition, Regis Olive Oil
LI: Cure Care, As I Am Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Biotera Gel, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, GVP Liquid Sculpting Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse
PT/DT: IAGirl's PT, One n' Only Argan Hydrating Mask
Corrina777 is offline   Reply With Quote