View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 05:52 AM   #59786
wild_sasparilla

Quote:
It’s the major difference between a geek and a hipster, you know: When a hipster sees someone else grooving on the thing they love, their reaction is to say “Oh, crap, now the wrong people like the thing I love.” When a geek sees someone else grooving on the thing they love, their reaction is to say “ZOMG YOU LOVE WHAT I LOVE COME WITH ME AND LET US LOVE IT TOGETHER.”
I love this! It reminds me of what one of the vlogbrothers, Hank Green, said at some point about nerds being the people who allow themselves to be unironically enthusiastic about stuff. Except it's even more awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saria View Post
I find myself avoiding food-related threads just to keep from saying anything about shoddy tips and techniques in recipes and because I'm over the whole "oh, it must be complicated/too "fancy"/gourmet" nonsense automatically assumed.

Now food threads officially no longer work as Saria-bait. Curlies, take note! You'll have to summon her by name! Not too hard to remember since half the site comes running when they don't know how to cut or cook something, anyway.

I'm going to be making deliberate and inadvertent Buffy references until the end of time. Some of them aren't even fair, because they're just things I would say even before I had ever thought of watching it. Cultural osmosis?

...It's a siggie.
wild_sasparilla is offline   Reply With Quote