View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #59813
spring1onu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi.G View Post
I hate that. I can not sleep well in a cold house. I have heard some people mention electric throw blankets recently. They are a little less expensive than the actual blankets, and considering that they do not last very long, that might be a better option. You could at least get some rest.
I was going to suggest a heated throw, too. I would put it between the sheet and your top blanket so it gets really warm as opposed to laying it right on top of your blanket. We've got a heated mattress pad and crawling into a warm bed when the room is cold is the best ever. When we lived in CT I couldn't have gotten to sleep without it because that house was so cold. Last night I was saying how nice it was to be in a home that is actually warm versus a home we paid $600 a month to heat in the winter but was like being in an ice box, painfully cold.

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! .
The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
spring1onu is offline   Reply With Quote