As always, Corrina gave an awesome answer! Wow, I was unaware of the basic root difference between the two types of hair. My roots curl...so now I have less confusion about my own hair type. Thanks, Corrina
Originally Posted by Knotty_Maddy

But again, root curl is only addressed in Andre Walker's system, not FIA. I know people with obvious 3a hair without root curl and people with obvious 2c (or even 2b) hair that have root curl. That's why I stopped using Andre Walker's system (that and I got tired of all of the talk of sidewalk chalk vs sharpies). It's completely possible that if you use strict definitions of each of these systems you could end up with two different types, especially when you're dealing with the 2c vs 3a confusion.

Because I initially was unsure of 2c/3a myself, I read everything I could find on hair typing, even though I knew it wasn't important.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

3a/f/iii
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CLEANSE: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
RO: DevaCare One Condition, SS Caitlin's Conditioner, Mop Top Daily Conditioner
LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse, Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel