View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 08:20 AM   #21
Knotty_Maddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
I love GSDs, but every one I've known had a tendency to be really smelly and bad shredders - is that common ? I've also considers Belgian Malinois.
Yes, they do shed daily - and worse in the spring and fall ;p But, the vacuum and brushing takes care of that!

Spider, if you get a Malinois, please be aware that they have intense energy levels, and need to run like mad for miles and miles every day. They are working dogs more than they are good pets ;p you might want to consider a cross? Like Mal/GSD? German Sheps are a trifle lazier than Mals, a good 5 mile walk a day plus two one hour play times in the yard with you is usually enough exercise to keep them calm.

ETA And they are not typically smelly, unless the food they are eating is a poor quality...which is the same case for any dog. Mine just smell like nothing much, unless they are wet - in which case they just smell a bit doggy.
Currently a fan of TiGi products, (rock on, TiGi Curlesque styling creme!) but that will soon change - I am a self-avowed product junkie! Yay!
BIG fan of supersoaker method - thanks Rudeechick!

Last edited by Knotty_Maddy; 11-18-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Knotty_Maddy is offline   Reply With Quote