View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #18498
CocoT
 
CocoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,326
Default

I'm still waiting to hear back from 1 of the 3 schools I applied to for spring admission. I got into two but I would much rather go to the third one since its cheaper and its more conveniently located.

If (hopefully....when) I get this job I'm thinking about whether it would be wise to defer until the fall. One of the reasons I applied for spring was because I was expecting to already be working for a few months. If I were to get a job now or while I'm already in school, I'd have to get acclimated to both environments at the same time. That isn't ideal. I also didn't want to be out of school for a year.

But I think it would be better to defer since the science classes I need to take should be taken in sequence. Or I can just take electives in the spring, take summer school and hit the bricks in the fall. I just don't want to be out of school and out of work at the same time.

I've also been thinking about my career goals and I do think I'm on a good path. I remember when I was considering doing a masters in public health and I have now realized, after some actual experience in healthcare, that I still want/need to do that. MD/MPH programs are what I'm aiming for. Yep, that feels right.


Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
__________________
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds

-Albert Einstein
Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
CocoT is offline   Reply With Quote