**There are several images some may take a minute to load
PLEASE BE PATIENT I KNOW THIS IS A LOT TO READ BUT I REALLY NEED THE HELP AND YOUR TIME IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

I never thought I would sign up for Naturallycurly.com but I have too many questions that I cannot answer myself. So here goes nothing:

I am a Bi-racial male (white and african american), age 19 who has always lived with his grandparents on the white side of the family. Being on this side of the family there has not been any stress on caring for my hair. Having different hair than my white my grandparents who would best be described as Type 2B/2C relax and easy to manage hair, I have little to no information regarding my hair. They have almost always had me cut my hair every 1-2 weeks not letting it get passed 1-3 lengths on regular style clippers.

Well two years ago I decided I was going to break this barrier and attempt to grow my hair out. My type hair would best be described as Type 4C. When deciding to grow my hair out I acquired a fancy for the hairstyle of High School Musical actor Corbin Bleu, and I See Stars vocalist Christopher Moore who both sport a rather exotic twisted-style.

The Before:
I spent approximately a year and a half growing out my 4c hair, though according to the regimen of naturallycurly.com it was done incorrectly. I washed my hair daily (between 5-7) days a week and shampoo'd and conditioned every day! My products were: Aussie Shampoo (Moisture) and it's compliment Aussie Conditioner (Moisture). I found that my afro was easier to manage when I conditioned it everyday, it would "fro out," more easily. After washing my hair I would also pick it/comb it out and use a blow dryer while picking it out so it would have more of a fro type appearance; it would stick out farther if I did it this way and it was more soft. I have never used oils, leave in conditioners, or any of that type of thing.

On days that I didn't wash I found that my hair would shrink in size, it would still be a fro but it wouldn't be as "far out," as it would be the day I would wash and pick out/blow dry it. This always bothered me and on days that it would act like this I would usually wear my hair in a beanie or to-pagan.

Idol 3, Idol 4 <- Corbin Bleu)

I know there is a difference between their hair styles. Chris Moore's is more kinky and out there similar to a fro, while Corbin Bleu has nice ringlets that law down. I wanted ringlets like Corbin Bleu's that stuck out like Chris Moore's. Chris Moore's hair was more nappy ill-managed and dread-like.

So I decided when it got long enough, that it was time to attempt to twist it to appear more like my idols. I went to an African Hair Braiding shop to attempt to get this look. I thought to myself, certainly it shouldn't be that difficult to get my hair to look theirs at the length it is now. I knew there must be an easier way to do it yourself, but I was completely clueless and EVERYONE I seemed to ask for information about twists seemed very ill-informed and if they knew anything at all they weren't helpful. Anyways, I went to Mita's African Hair Braiding. She started by sectioning my fro, and detangling each section, once the detangling was complete, she added beeswax to my hair and then got a comb and started twisting it with the beeswax in it, in a circular motion. She was african and could barely speak any english, I could IMMEDIATELY tell that this wasn't the way I wanted my hair to look but it was already half way done so I thought I might as well go through with it. After the beeswax was applied to each section of my hair and twisted. I was placed under a heat treatment sphere for 30 minutes and when I came out my hair had approximately 9 different curls, as opposed to the 100-200 ringlets I had wanted. I was so displeased and she didn't even see how unhappy I was. When I got home I washed out the beeswax to the best of my ability with hot water and my wide-toothed comb, and when I washed it out I saw that my hair did have the kinky s pattern that I was looking for, but I went ahead and picked that out as well because I was afraid.

The after stage is a hard one for me to describe, my fro was significantly shorter, but also had a nice texture to it. It was sectioned in more places than it had been before and it was kinky, but I could NO longer pick it out and I had no idea how to manage my hair at this point. I kept washing it with Aussie products daily and it soon ended up to my downfall

The after stages 1-6 show my hair as it looked approximately 1-6 months after the beeswax washout. After that I cut my hair off entirely it was dreaded and connected in places that it just shouldn't be and there was no saving it.

Basically I'm asking how to achieve the Idol Styles without losing all of my hair again, how it should be treated, what products I should use, a good style to leave it in for the growing process and how I should care for it and maybe a review of what I did wrong before I am trying to convert my fro type hair to something more along the lines of Christopher Moore/Corbin Bleu. It would be nice to ACTUALLY know what type of hair I have, although I believe it is 4C Maybe even help with terminology, some realistic expectations, etc. I'm trying to achieve this style even faster than the 1-2 year that it took me the first time. Maybe co-washing might be best for me since my hair loves to be treated with conditioner
At the moment I currently using mane n' tail shampoo and conditioner 2-3 times a week to help it grow faster as well as taken b vitamins.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.