Hi! Welcome! Wow, you kind look like Corbin Bleu! Anyways, I'm still fairly new myself, so I am hoping that someone else will post here to help you, too. This will be pretty long, so bear with me: I think the Mane n' Tail isn't moisturizing enough for you because it has a lot of protein. And co-washing is a good idea! I'd recommend reading the 4 forum for conditioner options and more help from people with your hair type! But personally, I like the Tresemme Naturals line. You should try it. It's pretty moisturizing! Have you tried twist-outs to loosen your curls? Meaning, do you ever wash/condition your hair, and then twist little sections, and let it air dry? That's what I do to my little brother's hair, and it works well. I hope I helped a little. Oh, and may I just say that I love your Afro?! It looks very moisturized and healthy! If you need anymore help, let us know! We're here to help!

ETA: I reread your post, and it sounds like the stylist was locking your hair, (aka, dreadlocks). Was she?
Curly and PROUD!!!

My hair has a mix of low/med/high porosity, and it's medium textured (some are still fine, though!)

CG since Sept. 2011
Cowash: Vo5/Suave Naturals/Tresemme Naturals*
RO/LI: GVPCB*, Tresemme Naturals*
Low-poo: Shea Moisture Moisture Retention
Stylers: KCKT*, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Honey*

* represents my HGs!!! Finally!!!