View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 11:24 PM   #2
ElizabethFaith

Sorry I am so late responding! I don't get on here often enough! First, in regards to the shedding issue, it is normal to lose between 100-200 strands of hair per day. It may just seem like a lot because this may be the first time that you have actually paid attention to the shedding (that happens to me all the time!) Unless you are seeing bald spots, or patches, then you have nothing to worry about! Oh, and please don't detangle with your fingernails. You could be ripping your hair. I used to use the Cantu Leave In Conditioner but it wasn't moisturizing enough for me, so I switched to the Tresemme Naturals Conditioner. I don't know if you are CG or not, but the Tresemme is healthier for me than the Cantu. As for the African Pride, I haven't tried it, but currently I am using the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and it is a gem! It really defines my curls! You've got the right idea of moisturizing and sealing. Do you dampen your hair before use the Cantu, and then seal with an oil on the days when you don't fully wash?

My hair has a mix of low/med/high porosity, and it's medium textured (some are still fine, though!)

CG since Sept. 2011
Cowash: Vo5/Suave Naturals/Tresemme Naturals*
RO/LI: GVPCB*, Tresemme Naturals*
Low-poo: Shea Moisture Moisture Retention
Stylers: KCKT*, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Honey*

* represents my HGs!!! Finally!!!
ElizabethFaith is offline   Reply With Quote