View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 05:34 AM   #172
Roswenthe

Curl Pattern: 2a-2c, 1c back underlayer
Texture: very fine
Porosity: medium
Density: medium
Elasticity: low
Characteristics: Inconsistent wave pattern. Halo frizz. More (big) curls show up the longer my hair gets. Very, very soft with no gel, to the point that I really don't want to use gel at all. Will lose curl through the day, no matter the product (so far).

CG/ModCG/not CG: Not CG, with the aim to have healthier hair in general from less heat and no sulfates.

Hair ingredient likes: It does fairly well with most things, but I don't always like them. I like to keep my hair softer, and crunch does not always scrunch out. I don't try as hard to make it super-curly, because the straight parts just stick out, and I question that methodology a little bit because I think it stems from the 3s and 4s instead of being tailored to the 2s.

Hard/Soft Water: Soft, with a chlorine shower filter

HG/Go-to Products: Hair One Olive Oil, Pantene mousse, KCCC if I want to go super curly and air dry, One 'n Only Argan Low Poo, currently trying new stuff

Average climate/dew points: Georgia - humid and hot in summer, damp in winter. Terrible for curly hair! I think that's why I've resorted to cones.

Fall/Winter combos: I can't spend a lot on hair stuff so I try things slowly, but I've been fairly successful with most things I've tried for at least a few hours, then it tends to fall. Struggling with winter frizz right now.
Spring/Summer combos: same as above

Favorite styling techniques and why: Letting air dry then diffusing the last bit. Supersoaker, scrunching, or diffusing work for curls.

Techniques that didn’t work and why: Pineappling and plopping. If I go overnight, the curl is wonky to one side, and I think my hair is too short to make plopping work correctly. It does better if I can control it as it dries.
Lavender Allergy
Roswenthe is offline   Reply With Quote