Yeah, as some others have said, it's not that I don't WANT to take care of my car... I do. But I just don't always have the money. Luckily, my parents have been able to help me, and don't expect me to take care of everything myself. They buy tires for me when I need it, and pay for inspections, and other upkeep expenses that might arise. The good thing is I drive a car that rarely has any issues. I try to take care of oil changes (I'm overdue, but now that I have a steady income again, I'm going to take care of that ASAP) and other preventative measures. I'm probably going to need a new battery soon, which isn't exactly cheap, but I feel like that's my responsibility. So I'll scrape together the cash soon.

My parents know that I don't WANT to depend on them for this, but also know that it's not necessarily feasible for me to completely foot the bill myself, and thus are happy to help. They had two kids before me and followed the same protocol for them... They turned out just fine.

"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey