Three things:

1. ReCoil is CG

2. Epsom salts are magnesium sulfate, so if your hair doesn't like mag sulfate, don't use epsom salts

3. Most people use a very small amount of ReCoil, like a pea-sized blob -- sounds like you used way too much.

4. I haven't had good results with ReCoil. I don't know if it's the mag sulfate or other ingredient or I just haven't found the right method for use. It works pretty well the first time I use it but after that, I get bad results. There are a lot of lengthy posts about using it with tips, so I hope you can find them with the search function. Good luck!
Originally Posted by RozettaStone
Thanks for letting us know - and for correcting me! I did not realise that mag sulf and Epsom were the same. My bad Learning is good!

I had the same result with the Re:coil - first time rocked my world, and every time after that, poofy, ugly, yucky mess. No matter how little of it I applied. But I don't think it was the mag sulf that did that to me, because I use Epsom with no issues at all...so it must have been the protein.

Re:Coil ingredients:

Water/aqua/eau, Polyquaternium-55, Hydroxypropyl Starch, Cetylalcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Corn Starch Modified, Cetrimonium Chloride, Salvia Officinalis (sage) Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Melissaofficinalis Leaf Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Cymbopogonschoenanthus Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Sodium PCA, Polyquaternium-10, Magnesium Sulfate, Silk Amino Acids, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzedkeratin, Panthenol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tetrasodiumedta, Parfum/ Fragrance, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

Ingredient Attributes: silicone free, sulfate free, paraben free
Finer, mixed with coarser strands, low-porosity, wavy curly whirly hair...3A, 2C hair. Medium thickness, medium elasticity.
S-shaped hair with corkscrew ends. My hair is even more confused than me ;p
My hair officially hates protein Once a month is enough!
Currently a fan of TiGi products, (rock on, TiGi Curlesque styling creme!) but that will soon change - I am a self-avowed product junkie! Yay!
BIG fan of supersoaker method - thanks Rudeechick!