I was reading a few posts on the forum about people using the CG method and posting before and after pictures of how their hair has changed since doing so, and thought it would be a nice idea to start a new post where everyone shares their stories on what products they have been using and what their routines are, posts pictures etc.

So, I'll start!...
When I was little my hair was quite curly, and as I got older, it became wavy, and then curly again. For the past few years since I began styling and dying my hair, when left to dry naturally it would dry near enough straight with a few frizzy kinks through it. Since around June/July this year I have stopped using heat on my hair, and now I only use it once a month, if that.

I was using Tresemme Split Remedy shampoo and conditioner, and I noticed some waves coming back to my hair.

In August I started to wash my hair with shampoo about twice a week and condition my hair every day (because I hated having second day hair), but I found that the tresemme conditioner was too thick for my hair to be using everyday so I switched to something basic like Loreal for damaged hair or Dove.

I stuck to the washing a couple of times a week, and conditioning every day until about a month and a half ago when I stopped conditioning every day and just did it when I washed my hair with shampoo twice a week.
I began looking into sulfate-free shampoos a few weeks ago but wasn't able to find any in any shops (I live in England), so I just bought the only one I could find at the time, which was a two in one Schwarzkopf Supersoft shampoo and conditioner for kids, which doesn't have any sulfates or harsh chemicals in it. I've used it a couple of times and already my hair is much shinier and feels healthier.

I alternate between conditioners. They include Tresemme Split Remedy conditioner, Dove Intensive Repair Express Conditioner and Dove Intensive Repair deep conditioner.

I am looking into buying a proper shampoo with no sulfates when I get a bit of money, but the kids one is doing brilliantly for now!

I think my hair is type 2b/2c, it is very wavy at the back but the layers underneath are quite curly. There are a few 'pieces' of hair that dry relatively straight compared to the rest of my hair (I think it might be because I would always style these pieces with hot tools most, as the straight parts are mostly around my face). My top layer also doesn't dry as wavy as my other layers which is quite annoying but I don't dislike it.

I would say that my hair is medium porosity, medium to high density, medium hair width and long.

I think I have included everything I wanted to share. Hopefully other people will share their stories and photos, it would be great to see how other people are doing! (By the way, I am new to the website and the terminology e.g cones etc and pretty much forums altogether so sorry if some stuff I said didn't make sense and bear with me! And sorry for the long post! I have a habit of making sure everything I do is detailed enough! )

The first photo was taken in August, when my waves started to come back but my hair was SO dry for some reason. The second was about a month and a half later in September and the last one was taken today (after a home made hair mask, a shampoo, and a deep conditioner).

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag97/hp444/aug.jpg
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag97/hp444/sep.jpg
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag97/hp444/nov.jpg