No, it's totally not about using! I can be a great friend, too. I think we have some mutual interests and we could benefit from each other in some ways.

Right now I want lasagna. But maybe next week, I can take him out to a movie or edit his business proposal.
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000

Well that's good but you know he's always going to try to change your mind. Men love a challenge. My friend on the other hand just seems to take and lets guys do stuff for her. And swears she's innocent because she's made it clear she just wants to be friends lol. Guys dont just do **** for girls for no reason. The only exception maybe if you were best friends from childhood and even then not on a certain level.
Originally Posted by Josephine

I've always had male friends and I like that. Now that I'm on a dating site, I'm meeting so many guys. Obviously, most won't be a love connection. But some have redeeming qualities, nevertheless, and are worth keeping around (for a mutually satisfying, two-way, respectful, platonic, sexlessless, nonflirtatious friendship).

He has got some great business start up ideas and a few of the needed skills. I have more of those skills and more formal experience. I think we could really brainstorn up some cool projects.

But yeah, he is completely sexually repulsive to me. I don't want him ever getting the impression that something could happen btwn us in the future. I'm on a totally different vibration than that.
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000
Yea I understand. I only have one male friend like that that's almost truly platonic. The rest are friends but not platonic enough to keep as friends now that I have a bf. One of my coworkers has made a lot of friends too from a dating site that he still keeps in touch with (he's gay if that even matters).

My ex always needed female friendships/contacts and me being the jealous type, that didn't work out very well. But many people are okay with it.

Even if you are repulsed by him, doesn't mean he isn't by you! But that's not your problem. Just sounded by the whole poetry and video thing, I don't know if he's the type that can even pretend to scale back to a friendship, but you can try!

Goddess - how is your guy doing??