Hi everyone! I got my hair analysis results back a bit ago and I've joined your medium-normal/normal ranks
We have such a small corner of the forum!
I'm still very new to this whole thing, so I haven't done a ton of experimenting, but here are some of the things I've tried:
- VO5 and Suave Naturals for co-wash (I think I prefer Suave--I use the Everlasting Sunshine one).
- CJ Daily Fix (only tried it once, still experimenting!)
- L'Oreal Cleansing Conditioner--I like this. The smell is strong, but I like it.
- GVPCB--I've used since the beginning and I LOVE IT.
- IEC--only tried it once (protein experimenting)
- Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing
- FSG--LOVE THIS.
- KCCC--my hair liked this a lot, but it made me break out
- Coconut oil
The supersoaker method works pretty well for me
Plopping is so-so (may be a technique issue).
- GVP K-pak--my hair really liked this! It was soft and springy and shiny.
Hair did NOT like the following:
- SheaMoisture Style Milk--it made my waves DIE (though my hair was very soft). I *think* it might be the silk protein in it, since I've tried straight up coconut oil in my hair without problems.
- SS Repairing Protein Treatment--this was just okay. I may not have moisturized enough after? I did use the SS Deeply Decadent for my DT, but part of my head felt kind of frizzy and dry (boo).
I'm still trying to find a good moisture/protein balance; my next plan for experimentation is to try a RO conditioner with keratin.