Hi everyone! I got my hair analysis results back a bit ago and I've joined your medium-normal/normal ranks We have such a small corner of the forum!

I'm still very new to this whole thing, so I haven't done a ton of experimenting, but here are some of the things I've tried:

Cleansing:
  • VO5 and Suave Naturals for co-wash (I think I prefer Suave--I use the Everlasting Sunshine one).
  • CJ Daily Fix (only tried it once, still experimenting!)
  • L'Oreal Cleansing Conditioner--I like this. The smell is strong, but I like it.
RO:
  • GVPCB--I've used since the beginning and I LOVE IT.
  • IEC--only tried it once (protein experimenting)
LI:
  • Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing
Styling:
  • LALSG
  • FSG--LOVE THIS.
  • AIF
  • KCCC--my hair liked this a lot, but it made me break out
  • Coconut oil
The supersoaker method works pretty well for me Plopping is so-so (may be a technique issue).

PT:
  • GVP K-pak--my hair really liked this! It was soft and springy and shiny.
Hair did NOT like the following:
  • SheaMoisture Style Milk--it made my waves DIE (though my hair was very soft). I *think* it might be the silk protein in it, since I've tried straight up coconut oil in my hair without problems.
  • SS Repairing Protein Treatment--this was just okay. I may not have moisturized enough after? I did use the SS Deeply Decadent for my DT, but part of my head felt kind of frizzy and dry (boo).

I'm still trying to find a good moisture/protein balance; my next plan for experimentation is to try a RO conditioner with keratin.
Originally Posted by morninglorie
Hmmm, very interesting. I'm avoiding proteins like the plaque at this point. When i seed the word Keratin in a product I put it down. I really love Aubrey organics conditioners.....I've tried the GVP cb but didn't care for it. I do, however, really like Loreal cleansing conditioner.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
3b-ish... normal to low porosity....med. texture
Wash: Desert Essence Coconut shampoo, Acure argon shampoo
Deep Trestment: Nature's Nectars deep conditioner/styler
Condition: Nature's Nectars luv-n-a-bottle, Nature's Gate pomegranate sunflower
LEAVE-IN:Nature's Nectars luv-n-a-bottle, Natures Gate pomegranate sunflower
STYLE: Nature's Nectars Sweet Shea butter blend, Ecostyler gel
hemp oil, jojoba oil
www.naturesnectars.net