View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 02:41 PM   #18
jsuzkelley

I love getting my hair cut. Right now I'm going pretty regularly, every 3 months or so, just for small trims to keep my shape looking good while I'm growing it out (trying to get to waist length!). But before that, I would go 6 months to a year between cuts, just so that when I did go in, I could cut tons of it off. There's something I really love about changing up the look of my hair that I just don't get from regular trims (I know this probably sounds weird, but I like seeing piles of hair on the floor - this scares most people, but I love it). I'm trying to force myself to keep it long to make my WL goal, but I have a feeling that once I get there, I'll be chopping it off right away, lol! But I do understand the fear of a bad hair cut - I had a terrible cut in high school that literally looked like 3 shelves of hair sticking out of my head (shudder). But I think I've gotten much better at communicating what I want since then, and haven't really had any major problems (even when I was just going to SuperCuts and getting a plain old wet cut). Now that I have a deva-trained stylist, I don't worry at all.

My favorite brands are Kinky Curly, As I am, Curly Kinks, Curl Junkie, and Darcy's Botanicals. Also love sealing with oils (loving argan oil right now) and styling with jelly products (KCCC is my current favorite). Mostly trying to keep it simple!

CG since 12/29/2011
jsuzkelley is offline   Reply With Quote