hello! i too only really use natural things on my hair. i just read your post and a few things came too mind. first with the conditioner, now im in germany so i cant help you with what brand, BUT i do have a saggestion what i do myself and love it. i buy a cheap natural condish, then i put a small amount, (now that my hair is getting longer, im having to use alot more) then i add same oil to it in my hand, rub my palms together, devide my hair, (left and right) and work it in my hair. then to finish it i seal with another oil. (or the same oil).
oils make me came to another point: you mentioned you had or have alopecia areata? ive never heard of this, but what cames i mind if maybe you could use rosemary oil to help keep everything healthy and keep the blood flow to your scalp. in saying this, i have no idea what alopecia areata is, so it might be the total opposite of what you can or should be doing. i mean that with the rosemary oil. hahaha
i do the conditioner only method and i love it. its nice and easy and cheap, and i like to think of it as the simpler my hair routine is, the less that can go wrong right?

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
my hair loves conditioner only styling!
Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.