hello! i too only really use natural things on my hair. i just read your post and a few things came too mind. first with the conditioner, now im in germany so i cant help you with what brand, BUT i do have a saggestion what i do myself and love it. i buy a cheap natural condish, then i put a small amount, (now that my hair is getting longer, im having to use alot more) then i add same oil to it in my hand, rub my palms together, devide my hair, (left and right) and work it in my hair. then to finish it i seal with another oil. (or the same oil).
oils make me came to another point: you mentioned you had or have alopecia areata? ive never heard of this, but what cames i mind if maybe you could use rosemary oil to help keep everything healthy and keep the blood flow to your scalp. in saying this, i have no idea what alopecia areata is, so it might be the total opposite of what you can or should be doing. i mean that with the rosemary oil. hahaha
i do the conditioner only method and i love it. its nice and easy and cheap, and i like to think of it as the simpler my hair routine is, the less that can go wrong right?

my hair: 3c, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
my hair loves conditioner only styling!
my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.

I also blog about my hair journey, please feel free to read and comment/ask questions http://www.naturallycurly.com/blogs/...air-blogs/2494