View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 10:56 PM   #33
Amneris

Quote:
Originally Posted by missbanjo View Post

Any likes? Such a broad question, LOL...
I like jewellry, scarves, accessories, fashion. I like good teas. I like interesting items from other cultures/locations/countries. I like bold, bright colours and statement pieces.

Or dislikes? LOL, couldn't help but think that I'm gonna dislike it if I get a package on Tuesday or Wednesday this week... I don't even start thinking Christmas till Advent starts, which is Dec 2, and don't think presents till a little bit after that. To me, presents should come close to Christmas. So you don't need to rush on sending mine... you can buy it whenever you want if there's sales now but there's no brownie points for being the first one to send it out!

I don't like most knick-knacky things or decorations or that type of stuff asI am pretty particular about them. (Exceptions for interesting artifacts from other places as above.)

I also hate stuff that is supposed to be aimed at "chicks" like romantic comedies and chick lit.

Don't like candles or incense or burning oils or heavily scented items or sprays.

Can't drink coffee.

Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald’s, Burger King, etc) :

So many! Not fast food. I like interesting "ethnic" foods, and I am a vegetarian. I like Italian, Mexican, Chinese, Thai, Korean, Caribbean, Ethiopian, Indian, Pakistani, Laotian, Tibetan, El Salvadorean, etc. etc. etc. I like spicy foods!

Favorite Candy (things that won’t melt or go bad in mail) :

Hmmm, I try to limit candy and I mostly like chocolate anyway. I do love black licorice, especially the health food store kind, or a splurge on licorice allsorts.

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc):

Coconut is the winner - that's my signature scent. Vanilla is nice too. Cinnamon. Or peppermint. Mango or other rich exotic fruits are sometimes OK but I don't like the super-fruity smells. Lemon is nice and fresh.

Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc):

I like photography and would like to be more organized and do some kind of scrapbooks but never actually do. Really my only "hobbies" are writing and reading and I'm not sure if my music is a "hobby." I guess cooking and sewing if I have time for them.

Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like):

I like novels. The type I enjoy are those that explore historical or social issues. Colonialism and its aftermath is my favourite thing to read about. I also enjoy non-fiction that looks creatively at those issues. There's nothing specific I had in mind. Oh wait, I was reading recently about some books by Ken McGoogan about Arctic exploration and Inuit peoples that looked fascinating. On a completely different note, I also like fashion workbooks/how-tos.

Favorite animal:

Lions.

Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like):

I like dramas and meaty things - stories that again engage with interesting social questions. I like good quality comedy too. I've been wanting to see Black Swan.

Favorite Color :

Red, with pink a runner-up.

Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like:

I like opera, world music, Latin and Caribbean music, jazz, and SOME hip-hop / R & B.
I mostly download the stuff I want. I would however like to have Esperanza Spalding on disc.

Do you collect anything?

No, not really.

Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need?

Anything I want or need is expensive, LOL! (just kidding... sort of...)

Do you wear accessories/jewelry?

Yes, I do, and I have pierced ears. But for earrings, I am sensitive to anything but gold and silver.

Anything else you would like your SS to know about you:

I'm being detailed here but really, I've done this a couple of times before and I was thrilled to see what great ideas my SS came up with - I was totally happy with everything and I'm not just saying that. It really is the thought that counts.

Are you allergic to anything or have anything in particular you prefer NOT to get (like food, hair stuff, lotion, etc):

My allergies are peanuts and heavy scents and my skin is very particular as to what goes on it. I don't mind getting hair stuff if it's something that will work for me. If someone wants to send me more Elucence conditioner, I would love that!

ALSO! If for some reason you prefer your secret curly NOT do a signature required option at delivery or any other special requests please let us know.

No issues with that - whatever gives the SS the most security.

ETA: My add on questions:
What month is your birthday?

December

What color(s)/theme is your bathroom and bedroom?

We have 2 bathrooms that I use, but the one that is MINE has a tropical theme (bamboo, gauze, tropical plants etc.) and the colours are brown/green/white. The other one is white and beige and really simple.

Bedroom is currently just white but I am wanting/planning to add some navy and gold accents - either that or red and gold but am leaning to navy as blue seems more calming for sleep.

Why yes I stole it from last year's list!
I think that's it! Hope this helps someone!

Amneris is offline   Reply With Quote