This weekend, I found myself teaching my SIL how to do my niece's hair. While her hair is fairly straight, she gets massive tangles. She's medium to fine, porous, and very dense. Her hair is much more dense than mine. It's about waist length. She's ten.

I had to cut out two mats that wouldn't detangle. I picked up some products for her, got her a detangling comb (SIL had been using a brush) and a satin bonnet.

It took a good half an hour to detangle. I taught my SIL how to section the hair and detangle each section and how to re-wet the new sections since her hair dries so quickly.

I used my Knot Today on her and gave her a bottle to take home. I picked up a Shea Moisture for regular conditioning and a cheap Suave with some silicone for a leave-in. I think some cones might help her.

They can pick up the Suave and SM where they live, but no Kinky Curly. She's not the type to order online.

I'm looking for a reasonably priced detangler (good slip for really tangly porous hair)that can be found at Wal-Mart, Meijer or Walgreens. Thanks!
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.