Just wondering about some different point of view and thoughts. I met this guy he 'really liked me for a while' and I started liking him. We decided to 'take things slow and just get to know each other' but how long do yall think that period should last? And is it ok to 'get to know' other people at the same time?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by curlybran
What do you mean 'really liked me for a while' and 'take things slow' etc.? Are these things he said? Are you quoting them bc you doubt the truthfulness? Who wanted to take things slowly? What is "a while?"

I actually think it's better if you see multiple people at first. But I don't think you should broadcast or mention it unless directly asked. No one likes hearing that. Everyone prefers to hope they are the only one. Until both people are truly ready to commit, continue to (discreetly) sample as much as you can of what is out there, as long as it doesn't cause you to spread yourself too thin.

But if I find someone I like more than everyone else I'm dealing with, I will want to settle into something with him w/in three months. Everyone is different and some people have more time and patience for playing the field than others. But I, personally, would start to get aggravated if, after three months or so, he still hadn't said or hinted he wanted me to be his.

(Not saying "hinting" is sufficient...but if he hinted, I would open it up for conversation.)
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000
The really liked me part- 1 night he told me that he had liked me for a long time but he had a gf and cldnt do anything bout it but they had actually been done for awhile just hadnt technically broke up, she slept on the couch him in the bedroom for 3 months, because she couldnt afford to move out.

So when I found out he liked me of course my 1st thought is eff that he just wants a rebound and I aint doin that ish. And I had a stupid 2 weekends and hung out with a guy that is a mutual friend of ours.

1 night we talked and he told me all that about his and the ex breakup and how he had liked me since we met. And i told him about how i thought it was just a rebound like and how i thought that when I found out he liked me and the other guys said we cldnt hang out anymore it was bc they talked about it and didnt take my opinion into consideration, even tho I didnt really like the friend just liked having some1 to cuddle and make out with was still in the mentality of eff u cuz u dont care what I want. He told me that he didnt know about the friend and I or he wldnt have said anything but when he did the friend told him about how we hung out but it wld stop So we ended the talk on taking things slow and gettin to know each other. That was about a month and a half/ 2 months ago. But he has been having to go to texas during the week for his daughter and is looking at moving down there.

2 weeks ago 1 of our mutual friends new gf had a friend she introduced them 1 night when I wasnt at the bar and they were interested in each other, I didnt know this till last weekend. And stupid me being a nice person was cordial and friendly with these girls the night after they met. Last weekend he was acting weird and I asked him bout it and he said some1 told him that I was talking to this other girl about him bc we became friends on facebook( ya cuz that makes sense right) and i guess she stopped talkin to him so this person assumed it was bc of me. Friday night we had a straighten this crap out talk bc I was tired of the bs drama and lies. He thought I was still stuck on the other guy no matter what he did or how much he showed that he liked me so we are gunna have to take things 1 day at a time.

Sorry if that is long and confusing!
Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App