I'm sorry your dealing with this! When I still lived at home my mother once asked me to accompany her to the grocery store.....and then drove me to the salon, pulled out a tub of relaxer and told me I was getting a relaxer (chemical straightener)! Instead I convinced the stylist to cut my hair into a little fro....mom was not pleased! But anyway, the point is I know the feeling of having your family pressure you to have straight hair!

If you want to compromise, the bun idea is a good one. I know some people (and maybe yourself) are against the idea of compromising on this, but it is a way to NOT straighten your hair, but still have it be unquestionably presentable. To some people, loose hair in general just isn't very formal, compared to an up-do.

If you don't want to compromise, as long as you are ready to deal with the consequences go for it! You may even find that it is an idle threat (don't count on that though), because how silly would your father sound explaining to people why his of-age daughter doesn't have a license?? "Well you see, she refused to straighten her hair for the holidays!" What???

And finally, are you sure that you even need your father's permission to get a driver's license? I don't remember that being part of the process when I was in high school. You signed up for the class when it was time, and if you passed you got a learner's permit, and eventually you go to the DMV and take the test. Your father could certainly stop you from driving the family car, but not sure he can really legally stop you from getting a permit. I'm not a 100% on this though, it's been a while.

4a?? Maybe 3c...some 4b??? No clue

tiny s-waves, coils, and spirals

- Cleanser: CJ Daily Fix or KC Come Clean
- Co-wash: Suave Naturals or V05
- RO: GVP Conditioning Balm or Tresemme Naturals
-Stylers: Garnier Pure Clean Gel, CJ Aloe Fix, KCCC

"I remember your childhood hair....flowin' wild at the county fair" - kelley stoltz

"and all the hours that you've been sitting at your vanity....may they carry you far from your misery" - conor oberst