View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #34
Wavyshibby

Well I talked to my parents. Long story short, my dad prefers my hair straight and he wanted something fancy and formal for the holidays. He threatened to take away my permit after I became indignant about leaving it curly, as he felt that I "owed" him. He believes that if I really loved him I would sacrifice my convictions for his just to prove that I love him. I say this is selfish and that there are better ways to say "I love you" than self sacrifice, as it just seems like an immature and unnecessary way to me. Needless to say, We disagree. He says he won't hold it against me, but that he'll "always remember" that I didn't do this one thing for him and he is dissapointed in me that I didn't comply with his wishes.

I'd rather be a person of merit who stands by her convictions than one who forgoes personal beliefs in order to please others. If he's dissapointed in that well...I can't change that. I'll always remember that.
Stylers: Devacurl ArcAngel, KCCC, AG Recoil, Iso Bouncy Creme, Ecostyler Krystal, CCCCL, KCKT
Low Poo: Devacurl NoPoo, GTTT
Hair likes: plopping, diffusing, SMaster's, coconut and argan oil, honey, protein
"What makes a woman unforgettable? Her mind...surrounded by lots of naturally curly hair"

Last edited by Wavyshibby; 11-27-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Wavyshibby is offline   Reply With Quote