Flipin, I have also this problem - I put in anything at all, it disappears a few hours later ;p the best hold and curl product I have found so far, is a combination of Foxxy Curl spray, followed by TiGi Curlesque Curling Creme. Other than that, I can't find a single mousse or gel that holds and I still have to supplement the Curlesque with a bit of gel and hair spray. I don't know why my hair has no hold - I did a thread on that, and I got excellent recommendations to add a natural protein treatment of yogourt, honey and oil occasionally..and to NOT touch my hair or use a diffuser, this has helped too...

The Aussie Instant freeze worked the first time, really well, then never again
also I tried Herbal Essences Totally twisted gel, which worked the first few times pretty well, but never again after that. (How does that happen, anyways?) I think I will try the Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee, I am out of options...

Please let me know if you two have any success...or if Dresdendoll comes back, I'd like to know what she uses. I am thinking of making some Flax-Seed Gel, (FSG) as many here seem to like it, and it was recommended to me as an answer to my "no-hold" problem...good luck! and keep me posted!
Finer, mixed with coarser strands, low-porosity, wavy curly whirly hair...3A, 2C hair. Medium thickness, medium elasticity.
S-shaped hair with corkscrew ends. My hair is even more confused than me ;p
My hair officially hates protein Once a month is enough!
Currently a fan of TiGi products, (rock on, TiGi Curlesque styling creme!) but that will soon change - I am a self-avowed product junkie! Yay!
BIG fan of supersoaker method - thanks Rudeechick!