There really isn't any good cure for snoring. I suggest you embrace it and just accept it as who he is. The worst thing is to get angry and blame him. He can't help it, and he is not doing it on purpose.

My husband snores, and I am a lifelong insomniac, but the reason I can't sleep has nothing to do with his snoring. In fact, I find his snoring to be rather comforting. I like that he is there next to me, and the snoring lets me know that he's there. The only alternative is to have separate rooms, and I'm not willing to do that. I don't ever get mad at him for it. The only time it bothers me is if he's doing it right in my face. So I just give him a gentle shove and he happily flips over the other way. I'm sure I'm no picnic to sleep with either, and I snore occasionally too. He doesn't mind. We intend to snore together for many years to come.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
That's good for you that you can sleep through it and you find it comforting but I can't. I'm like lotsa, where I've noticed my energy levels have been down since I've been sleeping with him more often. It affects my life greatly of course. And I know it affects him because we can't have as much fun together or do more since I'm tired.

Of course I don't blame him, he can't help it. But we are trying to think of solutions. I don't know if I'll end up with him long term but I'm assuming most men snore so this is an issue for me.

I'm willing to embrace it for him but separate rooms may ultimately be the only answer if sleeping aids, earplugs, surgery, losing weight, etc doesn't work in the future.

For right now I'm going to try sleeping aids and earplugs. If not, we are only going to be able to sleep in the same bed during the weekends. And even then, I'll go sleep in the other room if I wake up and can't go back to sleep. The weekends are the only time I get to sleep in and feel well rested. I generally don't get enough sleep during the week and value my weekend sleep a lot. I turn my phones off to make sure no one wakes me in the morning.

Personally I don't care about sleeping together the whole night but I do like falling asleep with him there. In the morning after I'm rested we can get back in the same bed and cuddle, etc before getting up. Thing is I don't know if he is okay with that. All this might not be an issue if the other options work for me. I've talked to some of the guys at work about this and a couple of them said weight was the huge factor. We both are trying to lose weight, hope it helps.

Last edited by Josephine; 11-28-2012 at 01:44 PM.